Thursday, November 22, 2012

Yes you heard me correctly, Tic-Tac-Toe!

When you think of tic-tac-toe you automatically think, three in a row, and wow I haven't played that game since I was six, seven, or maybe younger. As an educator, you must be creative and clever. Tic-tac-toe choice boards allow students to practice skills they have learned in class or even broaden their horizons with new material. The students are asked to complete three tasks pertaining to a select subject area. 

Here are some steps you may want to follow:
1. Identify the goal and explain the directions. 
2. Create nine different tasks.
3. Randomly spread out the tasks on the choice board.
4. Save one assignment to complete with the whole class, and have them put it in the center of the board.
5. Then the students will complete three assignments to make three in a row including the middle square to get Tic-Tac-Toe.
6. Use a template similar to the one below.
This is my favorite tic tac toe choice board! I think my students would be incredibly engaged in it and want to learn more!
Please refer to this PDF for more ideas on how to make an exceptional tic-tac-toe course board! 




No comments:

Post a Comment