Saturday, December 1, 2012

Group 3 at Bishop Dunn (Direct Instruction)

Group 3 will be teaching about The Victory of Independence!
Group 3: Alyssa, Christopher, Mackenzie, and Melissa
Powerpoint- I like how you had a star next to each sentence the students had to copy down. It was also a good idea to write the sentences on the board so that you can make the lesson go faster. Next time maybe tell some stories while the students are copying down their notes, this way the room isn't quiet and it doesn't seem as if the lesson is going really slow.
TimelineThe worksheet was a very good idea! I liked the set up and everything. Next time maybe have less for them to write down.
Venn DiagramI like how you did this worksheet. Having the students think of their own ideas, and then going over it as a class. 
I wish you had more time to finish every activity! It's always great for a teacher to over plan :)

Chris and Alyssa-I know this wasn't your lesson, but don't be afraid to walk around while your peers are explaining the powerpoint. Making sure everyone is on task is a big job in that classroom. Also Alyssa, have more confidence!

Melissa and Mackenzie- You girls did a great job, I liked your activities a lot, and you both managed the class very well. Your reinforcement was on point, and the thumbs up thumbs down method worked well. I loved how enthusiastic you both were :) As I said before, maybe tell some stories during direct instruction next time.  My group also had a difficult time with direct instruction, and found it very frustrating. I feel as if direct instruction is hardest, but I have a feeling we will all get the hang of it in no time. The only other thing I would change was the cards with numbers on them. If I was a 4th grader I'm not sure if I would have liked being called on if I didn't know the answer. Other then that well done ladies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment