Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Classrooms Of The Future

Sweden's Newest School System Has No Classrooms

The environment teachers choose to engulf their students in effects the way they learn. In Sweden there are these new schools called Telefon schools. These schools encourage independent and collaborative work including group work. The only requirements to be accepted into the school are for the parents to pay taxes, and for the students to have ID numbers. 

These classrooms look as if they do inspire thought, but I'm not sure if I agree with the lack of structure. Everyone has to take into consideration that some children with special needs must be in a structured and well organized environment. I'm not sure where the teachers come into play with this structure, because they are not shown in the pictures, therefore I do not think I could teach in a school such as this one. 
New Classrooms in Sweden
As contradictory as this sounds, if it was mandatory for me to teach in an environment such as this one, I would definitely make it work. As far as grading, I feel this would involve the teacher performing a lot of assessments, but not as much teaching because it seems technology was mostly being used. 

I feel as if this school would be a great place for students to go after school to finish homework and expand on their imagination. 


No comments:

Post a Comment